1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

[4.50/10] Inside (2017)

Inside (2017)

Quick Review: Reasonably slick in execution, and atmospheric in tone, yet very Americanized, and not even half as gory, disturbing, or effective as the French original "À l'intérieur", "Inside" is yet another terrible and beyond unnecessary attempt at a horror remake, which aims to differ itself by changing certain parts of the horrific story, but the ideas its creator has in mind are so cheesy and ludicrous, they instantly kill all the credibility factor, along with the mediocre performances.

2 comments:

Kaijinu said...

I should be sharing you sentiments regarding this movie. I mean, how dare they remake one of the BEST French Extreme films out there! But seeing I'm a fan of cheese and I actually find some of the kills workable despite their simplicity (smothering someone while showing them an incoming call from a loved one? That's just sick...I like it!), I find myself being a fan of this remake.

(I guess seeing this at Christmas Eve with my family added the sentimental factor I had with this movie. Even more since they like it!)

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

Kaijinu, I've seen worse remakes than this one, but I'd never say I was a fan. lol :)
Yeah, you should blame Christmas for that. ;)